Built and establish mid-1960’s to replace Lahug Airport which could no longer be expanded due to safety and physical problems. 20 – 30 minutes travel to City proper, 20 kilometers to provincial capital, private transportation by air-conditioned cars, vans,taxis and Jeepney nearby.
Mactan-Cebu International Airport is currently served by 13 passenger airlines and 5 cargo airlines.
Mactan-Cebu Domestic Airport has 3 major Airlines operating;
1. Cebu Pacific Airlines that flies to Cebu from almost every major airport in the Philippines.
2. Philippine Airline – the most established airline in the Philippines with the most flights.
3. Air Asia – flies to Manila and many other smaller airports.
Mactan-Cebu International Airport has 7 major airlines operating in international flights;
1. Cebu Pacific Airlines – flies to HK, Singapore,Korea and Japan.
2. Silk Air – flies from Singapore to Cebu
3. Cathay Pacific – flies from Hk to Cebu
4. Asiana Airlines – flies from Korea
5. Korean Air – also flies from Korea
6. Emirates Airline – flies daily from Dubai
7. Eva air – flies from Taiwan